The Coastal Bend Section of the Water Environment Association of Texas is the local section of the Water Environment Association of Texas (WEAT), an open association of water environment professionals, practitioners, operations specialists, and public officials. The Coastal Bend Section serves members located in the following counties of Texas: Aransas, Bee, Duval, Goliad, Jim Wells, Live Oak, Kenedy, Kleberg, Nueses, Refugio, and San Patricio.
The Water Environment Association of Texas is a Member Association of the Water Environment Federation (WEF). Founded in 1928, WEF is a non-profit technical and educational organization with members from varied disciplines who work toward the WEF vision of preservation and enhancement of the global water environment.
The Water Environment Association of Texas (WEAT) is an open association of water environment professionals, practitioners, operations specialists, and public officials. To become a WEAT member, click here.
- Advance the fundamental knowledge of the water environment, its basic qualities, and the physical laws governing its interaction with other aspects of the environment and with the aesthetic, economic, and biological needs of the earth's inhabitants.
- Advance the knowledge and technology in the design, construction, operation, and management of water quality control systems and facilities.
- Increase the knowledge and understanding of the of the earth's water environment, and encourage and promote action necessary for its enhancement.
- Develop and implement effective delivery mechanisms to rapidly disseminate knowledge concerning the water environment to members and other interested parties.
- Promote sound policy in matters relating to the water environment.
- Improve the professional status of all personnel engaged in any aspect of protecting and improving the earth's water environment.
- Strengthen and build alliances with organizations throughout the world incorporating members of all professions dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of water quality and water resources.
- Stimulate public awareness of the relationship of water resources to the general public welfare, and the need for pollution prevention, resource recovery, preservation, conservation, and reuse of water resources.
- Serve the international community of water environment professionals.