V.M. Ehlers Foundation, Inc. - A Memorial Scholarship Fund
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR ASSISTANCE?
To be eligible for scholarship assistance from the V. M. Ehlers Foundation, Inc. you must:
- Have been an active individual dues paid member of the Texas Water Utilities Association, or an active dues paid member of a Sponsoring Organization that has a fully vested Endowment within the Foundation for a period of not less than twelve months preceding the date the application is received by the V. M. Ehlers Foundation, Inc.
- Or be the dependent son or daughter of an active individual dues paid member.
- Agree to pursue a course of study that is related to the water utilities industry.
- Submit and application to the V. M. Ehlers Foundation, Inc., which is postmarked not later that July 1st of the current year.
- Provide a post graduate high school transcript, GED or university grade report which documents your current academic status.
The V. M. Ehlers Foundation, Inc. was organized in 1959 to honor and memorialize Mr. Victor M. Ehlers, who passed away on March 29, 1959 after a distinguished career in the water utilities profession. Mr. Ehlers, or "Vic" as he was known to his friends, was instrumental in the formation of what is now the largest organization of its type in the world - the Texas Water Utilities Association.
The Foundation operates as a Texas non-profit organization and promotes its founding purposes by offering scholarship assistance which will further the water related education of members - and the sons and daughters of members - of the Texas Water Utilities Association. Members - and the sons and daughters of members - of the Texas Public Works Association, the Water Environment Association of Texas and other organizations are also eligible for assistance through Endowments organized within the V. M. Ehlers Foundation, Inc.
Scholarship assistance is paid to recipients in two installments, 50% of the total awarded for the fall semester and 50% for the spring semester. All recipients are required to provide the Foundation a copy of their official transcript for the fall semester in order to receive payment for the spring semester.
Additional Endowments may be formed, with the approval of the Board of Trustees, and may be named according to the wishes of the donor or Sponsoring Organization. Several have been formed to honor and recognize someone - either one who is alive or who has passed-away - for their contributions to the water utilities profession or some particular water related organization.
For additional information regarding the formation of an Endowment, click here or contact the Texas Water Utilities Association, by writing to them at 1106 Clayton Lane, Suite 112 West, Austin, Texas 78723-1093, by telephone at (888)367-8982 or (512) 459-3124, by facsimile at (512) 459-7124 or by e-mail at email@example.com.